WELCOME TO THE CHIEF!

VESSEL IMPROVEMENTS JAN 2013 THRU MAY 2013

The Chief received approximately $150,000 in upgrades and general maintenance during this time frame under Captain Chris Randels command including a complete remodel of the Galley with installation of a 6 person booth and five new stools offering comfortable seating for 25. We replaced all the wall coverings, upholstery, carpet, curtains, and table tops along with new lighting and installed a play station three with 300 movies and music on twin flat screens for your entertainment. We serviced the galley refrigeration systems and installed a new compressor in main refrigerator along with a new improved galley menu. Both inside heads received a remodeling with new lighting and shower stall refurbishing.

Next we began a total repaint of the vessel from the deck up that took two months and included a spray prime of Pro Line primer and two coats of Awl Grip polyurethane on the main house, Bridge and Bulwarks and Clipper blue trim paint. We also repaired areas of the deck and rocked, primed and top coated the upper and lower decks with Pro Line paint.

The Bridge had a major rewiring including new electrical panels and breakers, Battery and charger, new GPS and Nobel Tec plotter, replacement of entire dash with new gauges and rudder indicator, new radios and a camera system.

Stateroom and open berthing areas needed new lighting and 80% were upgraded along with renovating the forced Air system via new ducting and blowers (work in progress)

DRY DOCK APRIL 2014

We dry docked the Chief at Marine Group on April 17th 2014 for bi annual Coast Guard inspection and passed with no issues, but I submitted a proposal to refasten the vessel of my own accord and they accepted it as follows, from the stern forward every boat rib at 10 feet 8 inches shall be refastened with 4 inch Galvanized fasteners from the water line port to starboard and all visible butt joints where the planks meet. Then we contracted the yard to reef and cock all seems that showed signs of working and boy did that job get big as I had to sign several work orders as more areas were located but we just kept going till everyone was confident the job was completed. While all this was going on the crew was sanding and prepping the hull for several weeks so the yard could paint the hull with primer and two coats of Awl Grip top coat and then paint the boot strip (looks awesome) thanks Marine Group!

While all these other projects were progressing we found time to install new carpet in all berthing areas and staterooms. Install a brand new Anchor winch motor, shaft and lines, brand new bilge pump and associated plumbing, new rudder bearing packing’s, zincs on hull and redo all connections for bonding system and the list goes on. This does not include all improvements to the vessel but does give you a good idea of the effort I am willing to go for safety and productivity.

 IMG_0991 IMG_1003 IMG_1005 IMG_1008 IMG_1010 galey aft galley best shot galley fwd menu remodeled showers